All mainframe, kit, and accessory models are retired. Learn more about the next generation OptiFiber Pro OTDR
- Works on single-mode fiber, 9/125µm
- 1550nm output wavelength. Compatible with standard PON wavelengths: 1310, 1490, 1550, and 1625nm
- Measure up to 75,459 feet (23,000 meters) of fiber in seconds
- Locate severe bends, high-loss splices, breaks, and dirty connectors in single-mode fiber
- Measure and locate high loss connections and break
VFLs work well for exposed lengths of fiber near a patch panel by illuminating bad connections and breaks. They are not very helpful for cable runs more than a few meters, or when the cable not visible or accessible, or when the laser light can’t penetrate the jacket.
Optical Time Domain Reflectometers (OTDR) provides graphical data and analysis along the entire length of a cable, way beyond the reach of a VFL, but they can be expensive and require more time to and skill to operate.
Fiber OneShot PRO in fiber optic tool kit fills the gap between a VFL and an OTDR. These optical inspection system have the simplicity of a VFL, and provide distance and power information on high losses, breaks, and the end of the fiber. They also identify live fiber.